Saturday 5 December 2015

The disappointment of not being able to get to the start line of any run hurts me plenty, I hate it, its a lost opportunity to do what I love!  I entered a race recently called the Maravan which was a 6 hour run around a caravan park which at first didn't seem that appealing but the more I talked about it the keener I got lol!  I got to the day before and things were not right my heal and calf were not as good as I wanted and as much as I wanted to go and do this I knew it wasn't right. Devastated, pulling out of any race hurts, its like failing but I knew I was right to do it.

I have though, since the Maravan, been out and training.  Its great I love it the buzz was back, I kept it to short but regular runs with gym work.  It was paying off I felt like I was back in the game.  My entry to the Hardmoors Triple Ring Challenge had been accepted, which meant HM110 in April is a go!  In the same week my entry for the Marathon de Sables across the Sahara Desert was accepted and confirmation of place was sent.  So I was on a high, loving it, bouncing around like a kid at Christmas.  This was my dream, this is how it started, this had been the end goal...I am nearly there!

Frostbite 30 was on but this week I have had so much bother with my hip its been agonising, and as normal I have persisted through it and believed right to the end that I will run.  I can't, I can't start the race knowing that once it seizes up I will be in bother.  If i am stuck on the Dales in pain and freezing then I will look back and think how stupid when I have had the warning signs.  I hate it, but I can't go its just about being realistic, its my work and future that I jeopardise and my long term goal of the MdS.

On the bright side I might be OK for Hardmoors Roseberry Topping next Sunday ha ha! Lets get ready for that.

No comments:

Post a Comment