Wednesday 29 June 2016

New goals, new targets and fresh idea's!  This is how to keep yourself motivated during a lul, which is where I am at as finished my first main challenge and in a rest period really before two major challenges next year.

My training does need to increase but the rest has been good.  To make sure I haven't completely stopped and gone off the rails, I have given myself some shorter distance challenges that are making me train and get in the gym and keep an eye on my weight not allowing to escalate.

I have begun picking up bits and bobs of kit ready for the Sahara, its exciting and scary.  The fitness I can control to a certain degree but managing my feet and hydration is going to be a fast learning curve or I will suffer so practice and understanding my body is going to be important.  I am currently enjoying and injury free period at the moment apart from a little niggle in my back but that I am dealing with.  Upper body strength, core work and stamina with some speed work that is where my focus is at the moment.


No comments:

Post a Comment