Tuesday 5 September 2017

A lot of time has past but I've been super busy with work and holidays.  The clock is ticking for Hardmoors 60 on the 16th Sept so just under two weeks to go eeeek!  Hows my training going? Badly!  I have done some but no where near enough but the idea is that this race gives me a kick in the backside and reminds me that these races are ridiculously hard.  This the beginning really of the HM160 training plan so its all starting to get very real.  Current small targets are, keep up base level fitness, hill training, lose half stone by Christmas followed by another half stone after Christmas, stop or reduce drinking (it does help!) and start increasing long run distance.  So quite a few chunks to go at there but all necessary to achieving my new goal. I'd like to do the Spine Challenger in Jan again but not sure if the budget will allow for it.
So its time to knuckle down to this challenge, I wish I had a couple of extra weeks for the 60 but hey ho that's life.  I feel I have been training so not completely off it but I haven't done enough strength work or distance.  So whats the plan over the next week and a half?  I want to get out for a few runs, short distance and a couple of 10 milers with hills, I want to do a bit of gym work this week but nothing killer like and do some stretching.



I need to find a 30-40 miler for October as part of my training so I will begin looking now.  This is now all about mind set and discipline.  Its about getting out there and training when I don't want to as I know those runs are sometimes the most beneficial.  Its about confidence and belief, its not that I'm doubting myself anymore its just the reality of knowing what's coming.  So believing in what I know I can do but putting the hard work in to make it less difficult than I know it will be.  Its the pain game!






No comments:

Post a Comment