Thursday 25 June 2015

The Wall (Part 2)

Beep beep beep! Not that I needed it as didn't really sleep that well, I wasn't apprehensive I just couldn't sleep.  Its 5am and its time to get myself sorted, ready for action, pumped up or maybe a good time to finish packing my pack.  So for breakfast I indulged in pot of porridge that I brought with me and a banana. I decided I didn't want to eat too much as didn't want to be bloated but I needed enough to get me through the first couple of hours really.  All packed and bouncing down the road getting ready for my epic adventure across Hadrians Wall.  Passing all the early workers and shop owners who were preparing for there day ahead and heading towards the castle with what felt like nearly everyone else, it was like the gathering, drawn to the Castle by some great power!  Then I woke up ha ha! Only kidding.  Once I had walked through the town and had the Castle in my sights I dropped off my finish bag with the lorry that transported them for us and made my way to the start.  The start was in the center of the Castle with a massive inflated start barrier to run under and what I can only describe as a 'Pen' for the runners.  We were advised to cross the mat to allow the chip timer to register then await the race brief.  By now the rain had started, a thin drizzlie kind of rain which was more just annoying than getting you soaked through.  We were given all the health and safety points for the race and the check point descriptions and told there were over five hundred arrows out there for us to follow which was slightly more reassuring, even I couldn't get lost ha ha ha!.  Then to the big moment 3.......2........1....... Rat Racers GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

No comments:

Post a Comment