Tuesday 28 July 2015

So whats been happening!

Well, since Hadrians Wall adventure I have been suffering from this damn heel problem.  I have rested, stretched, manipulated, taped, iced and now have moved on to compression sock and I have a boot coming to sleep in at night.  Its not good, but its going to get better that's for sure or my red wine bill is going to increase rapidly!

So after a few gentle runs around the field, thinking soft ground for a bit of cushioning and then a few runs with ginger ninja I thought I was there.  After receiving a text from the speed demon Princess reminding me that I had entered Leeds 10k by accident but was actually in it.  This turned out ok actually as thought time to do a bit more than the field so planned to do it.  The run went well, just as hard as any other run I have done don't care what any one says its about what your expectations and planning are like.  I pushed harder than I have run for a while and crossed the finish line half throwing up.  This has baffled me but have decided its because you prepare your mind, body and soul for the distance your going to run whether 5k, 10k, 26.2 Miles or 69 miles, not matter what your history.  It was horrible, same time as always, kept it under the hour so was happy.  Such a boring run though so will never do that one again.  The princess sprinted round a massive 5 mins faster than me, so nearly caught her so I wasn't that bad actually!  I was then done, the next day my heel was swollen and very sore, after a quick visit to my friend Janet at MI Pilate's she gave me a few stretches and routines to do and a massage ball.  These helped a lot, alongside rest and a few massages from Epoc Coaching.  I have now been pushing the massages as realised how beneficial they were every time I seemed to be so much better in the after period.  So my intention was 3 a week for a short period of time to really go for it and resolve this injury.

So training wise what have I been doing?  Well I set myself a few challenges in the gym, nothing major but just making myself use the bike and the cross trainer.  I then dug the bike out of the shed, well this has been like unleashing a monster ha ha! Love it!  I went out early doors on Sunday at 6.30am with 'The Ginger Ninja' and managed a good 35 miles which was approximately 15 miles more than previously done but no where the 100 we will have to do in 3 weeks. The training is good my legs felt great after it, not sure if will say that after a 100 but already lining up what we could do that's bigger than that ha ha!  I got home and more or less fell off the bike, likes were a bit wobbly and my backside was killing so you can just imagine the walk I looked like I didn't have knees!  It is definitely the new addiction but I haven't finished with my running yet I just have a new adventure to find!

No comments:

Post a Comment