Thursday 17 September 2015

BOOOOOOM! I'm off, yippee at last. Well I decided that it was time to start doing a bit of training as the heel now was only causing slight discomfort and soreness on long working days, as I'm a tennis coach that can make it a very tough day.  So after plenty of warming up and stretches it felt great to get the running kit back on and more importantly I got to use my new toy the Garmin Fenix 2 watch ha ha! This watch has been selected due to its extraordinarily long battery life which is what I now wanted.  So thanks to the world of ebay I succeeded in winning one, and then had to pay for it oouuch!  Off I went once I'd finally got the dam watch working and heart rate monitor on and gps working, a slight jog down the road not wanting to go crazy on my first run back.  My heel was still letting me know it still wasn't quite right but it warmed up as I went. Struggling round the massive 2.16 mile loop, yes don't forget the .16 its very important to me lol. I felt awful, my legs felt sapped, out of breath and panting, and a general feeling of being over weight.....yes more than normal before anyone else chips in ha ha!  This feeling though was overridden with the absolute joy of being back out there, remembering why I like running, it was great.  Unfortunately it was just a bit rubbish fitness wise, which will get better I know once in training mode.

The next day...... I was expecting to be, not in agony, but slightly sore again and unable to put my heel down with any confidence that its not going to hurt.  I was amazed, what a great day this was going to be, no pain, no soreness and the ability to walk normally with no discomfort.  I couldn't believe it since I'd been for my first run in months.  That was it plans were a foot, excuse the pun, this was me back up and running again.  The game is on!


No comments:

Post a Comment