Wednesday 23 September 2015

So after going against my instincts of keep resting 'its still sore', I convinced myself to do a bit more, a bit more than 2 miles wouldn't be hard but its enough at the moment to determine if running was still a problem.  I managed 4.5 miles and it felt great, especially now I had my new Hoka's which are like running on sponges with the feeling I used to get as a kid with Roller boots on, like I was much taller.  Finally 6ft 2, love it!!  Honestly though they made a massive difference, with them, the compression sock and massaging the foot we were on to a winner.  As great as it was to be out running again it was hard, I was over heating and sweating rediculous amounts like Niagra Falls and panting breathlessly like I'd just run up Everest! My feet felt heavy like I was running in treacle, my feet got heavier and heavier.  Trying out some new kit, as starting to prepare for the Marathon de Sables, long way off in theory 2017 but when I look at what I have planned for next year and think about how bloody fast this has flown by I need to start preparing.  As this is it, the original end goal, the Sahara!

No comments:

Post a Comment