Monday 9 January 2017

Ooooo its been a funny old last few weeks!  Training has been hit and miss until lately, due to the sprained ankle situation so therefore I didn't do quite as much as I wanted.  Whats interesting is the rest has done my body good, apart from the extra pounds I have put on.  Now when I am training my legs feel immense! So its true what they say, rest is just as important even if it feels like your going backwards believe in the method!

Ok well just before Christmas I had managed a little bit of outdoor running and gym work so over Christmas I decided it was time to put it to the test and get out there on the trails. I was spending the first part of Christmas at my parents in a little village called North Dalton on the Yorkshire Wolds.  This was a great setting as headed out on the Wolds a couple of times, wet, windy and heavy under foot which was ideal!  We then went on to my sister who lives in Alton in Hampshire so not far from the South Downs.  Again, I managed to get on a trail near to her house which provided the kind of training I needed, undulating, unstable footing and a few hills.

So now I was back out running and hitting the gym my  big concerns were coming down to kit! There's so much to get for each of my big races.  On the flip side its also very exciting as a delivery comes nearly every day at the moment ha ha!  My journey is well and truly on its way, if your not careful it bypasses you very quickly.  I am trying to enjoy all the planning side of things too but its quite stressfull organising things and people who are helping.  Actually really excited about tis next challenge but worried at the same time eeek!


No comments:

Post a Comment