Tuesday 10 January 2017

The Spine!

So here we are not long now just a few days!  The anticipation, or trepidation is becoming a killer.  Its the not knowing what to expect, which in its own way is the excitement before the race and I probably secretly love this side to it but right now its stressing me out!

Just awaiting all the last minute bits of kit to come, and deciding what extra clothing I should get for the night sections as panicking now due to the extreme whether forecasts that keep getting featured in the media.  I'm actually again excited that its going to be ridiculously hard as this to be truthful is what I want.  Crazy I know but then that will be the test and the preparation I need for one of my future challenges.

Argh even whilst writing this I have a million things bouncing round my head, do I need a thermal mid layer, actually what is a mid layer?, do I have the right food, who will give me what and where and when, how do I know how quick/slow I will be, how bad is the weather going to be, will I be able to navigate, what if I cant navigate it......................will I complete it when I said! argh!!!!!

Tomorrow I am going to try a trial run with kit, full pack and extra packs.  This will also include using the GPS device, map and compass!

Its time to stop doubting and start believing!  Hardmoors trained, I can do this!!!!!



No comments:

Post a Comment