Wednesday 17 January 2018

Time is moving fast now, when you think you have ages to train and prepare the reality is the clock doesn't stop, tick tock tick tock!  There isn't long left now, 8 weeks till Hardmoors 55, I've booked in a cheeky run on Feb 4th as part of my training.  The organisers are called 'Its Grim Up North' which I thought sounded great and perfect for me.  Since the 'Frostbite 30' was cancelled I needed something else just to get mentally in the game,  its all part of the master plan for Hardmoors 160.  I'm not going to fail at it as want to succeed at it more than ever, training has been good and I'm well rested.  I want to learn more though and the only way to learn more is to get out there.  I'm excited about the 160 but its one run at a time with the build up, to me this key, the 55 is enough of a build up as it will allow me to test my physical improvements and any strategies I want to practice.  I've also decided I want to just get better at this endurance lark, the long distance stuff really drives me.

Back to the age old problem of fitting things in.  I have new commitments in my life that as much as my running and endurance events are important to me, my new life is more.  I still want to do the endurance events but will cut back on the other races now and start being more selective.  Once I get in to the Hardmoors 1000 club I will re-assess my challenges.  My training has really started to show its worth now and the benefits are starting to show.  My main test will be the HM 55 this is where I will be pushing to do my best at this race as part of my preparation for the 160.

Small goals - big gains!


No comments:

Post a Comment