Monday 18 February 2019

Great few weeks getting some base level training in until last Monday when in all honesty and in reflection I over did it.  I've been putting in some good solid sessions in the gym recently and I've been putting the work in outside by doing my hill reps and a bit of speed work.  So a slight set back last Monday when I was doing some extra lunges between lessons and after I'd already my gym session.  I was aiming for a 100 and I done two lots of 30 then something just twanged in my hip flexor area and I knew straight away I'd done something.  It wasn't a major injury but its halted the good work.  I've slowly tried to stretch it and get back to training but I can still feel it and daren't push my luck so whilst doing light exercise and stretching in that muscle group I'm trying to work other areas harder.

I'm starting to get excited about the Hardmoors 55 challenge and then the 110, its great I'm buzzing and loving doing the training.  I just want to be able to work hard in my training so I can give it my best shot on race day.  Positivity is key!!!  Finding little positives in everything you do and then believing in it.  I believe in myself and my inner strengths, and now I need them to make me train smart to achieve my goals.  Small targets big goals remember.

I/m really looking forward to getting out on the trails hopefully this week doing a bit of a recce but more importantly getting back to my hill work so I'll be concentrating not only on distance but to work hard over the hills to prepare for the 55.

No comments:

Post a Comment