Monday 16 February 2015

Osmotherly Half Marathon ha ha, are you having a laugh!!!!  This was the only half marathon in the World I guarantee that was actually 16 miles.  The Race Director Jon Steele who in his own right has gone beyond normal levels with his running in fact the only word would be 'mentalist'.  I say this but at the same time I love it, which yes yes I know makes me equally as insane, not in the same league but maybe equally insane.  This run over the Yorkshire Moors was just awesome I loved every minute of the pain staking, grinding, moaning and questioning of ones ability.  As ever though I was there at the end, it might not have been quick but I was there, trainers off, rushed in to announce my arrival but unfortunately everyone seemed pre-occupied with some guys who finished ages before, boring yawn yawn! No, hats off to them they are awesome, powering up the hills and striding off in to the distance whilst I, hands on thighs, calves burning and breath panting away just edges up this monstrous ascent in awe.  Grabbed my medal and t-shirt which I love getting its my reward for the pain ha ha!  Unfortunately I didn't have much time to bask in my glory and since no one was rushing for an interview or photograph with me I just snatched what I could from the amazing buffet some sandwiches and sausage rolls.  I dashed back to my trainers and headed off back to the car in a kind off limped run, like a snared animal, but with one objective only, and that was to get back to work in time.





I am now getting nearer and nearer to my first major challenge, 'The Hardmoors 55' which I have accepted is just going to hurt a lot, and I just need to get used to that idea.  I have to be prepared, physically and mentally, no room for just turning up and winging it, I have to be on the ball to finish the game.  Things are now beginning to come together for my end goal which from day 1 of this task has been the MdS 'Marathon de Sables' which crosses The Sahara Desert.

Great run, full of confidence! What makes you feel good......

No comments:

Post a Comment