Thursday 17 March 2016

As per usual or its just how it seems, I am going through the turbulent pre-race week which leaves me exhausted ha ha!  The roller coaster of emotions and physical confidence is mind destroying.  One day I'm thinking 'yep feel great really excited I can do this' then the next 'I can't do it, everything aches, I haven't trained enough, I'm under prepared'! its crazy it just an insane week of emotions.

I went out last Sunday so a week before the race and did a 13 miler with back-pack and felt great.  My intention here was to test my hip to see how tight it still was and at what point I have to be careful as previous runs showed me it was about 10 miles so that's what I was expecting. I ended up having a great session and was really pleased with how my body felt afterwards.  No hip problem, no foot issue and calves felt great! Bring it on!!!

12644850_572897916204172_2186664225231619316_n

So I have spent most of this week just taking it easy with a couple of short runs, some good stretching and looking after myself generally plus thinking about what food I am eating and building up my energy or glycogen levels and hopefully storing them till Saturday.  Back packing and food preparation next, no more runs but maybe a swim tomorrow just to keep the legs active.  I can't wait really, this is what I now love doing, I just wished one day I actually felt ready for once as only just feel like my body is coping with good training and running quicker again.  Its taken a long time to get here and I'm not done yet, onwards and upwards (well it definitely will be on Saturday lol)!

No comments:

Post a Comment