Thursday 10 March 2016

What a great feeling it is to be able to head out in the knowledge that there are no current injuries, love it!  This morning I headed out with "Gaffer Gath" he's called this because he's the boss lol! His tennis nickname is 'Slasher Gath' ha ha!  After a great week of small sessions of strength training on and off the tennis court and between and during lessons I included lots of squats and lunges with intervals of skipping.  My daughter loved this in her session but spent most of the time collapsed on the floor in agony ooops!

Today was the best I have felt running for such a long time, confidence in each step and strength in my legs that felt like I could keep it going.  So we pushed for a good pace and for me keeping it under a 9 minute mile is quite something, yeah sure not for others but for me that was significant as it showed how far I have come and makes me believe in what I am doing that little bit more.  Its not just words, I am actually improving so hopefully the HM55 won't set me back.  I am gearing up for a Yorkshire 3 peaks challenge in the Easter holidays so hopefully my recovery will be quick.

It is an interesting time at the moment as I have a few friends now training for the York marathon or other ones and our conversations are so different to 10 years ago lol!  Now its about running, the aches, pains and injuries and how to overcome such setbacks.  My journey now has taken me through considerable battles certainly not making me an expert by any means but the knowledge gained from the experiences is vast and I love being able to pass that on to others to help them on there journeys.  12494657_567634793397151_9195220639280588545_n

Mine in reality has only just begun but its nice to think I am nearing that first goal and challenge I set myself back in the beginning when I was curious to know 'How Fars too Far!'.

No comments:

Post a Comment