Wednesday 9 March 2016

Whats next?  Well its nearly that time again for the Hardmoors 55, I feel incredibly under trained yet I have still done a certain level of training and a few long races which in actual fact puts me in an ok position.  I just feel because I haven't trained like I did last year that I am not ready.  Psychology is a key factor now in my success and going forward to the HM110 which again I haven't done anything near what I needed to do but will give it a go regardless.
The difference between now and a few months ago is enormous, my movement is so much better and the ability to even do a few small training exercises with confidence make such a difference.  Its bizarre how even with such a minimal injury like what I had it restricts what you can do and dampens your confidence.  It really tested my strength of desire to achieving my goals I could have quite easily just packed in and thought its not meant to be, people kept questioning why I was carrying on since it was causing such pain and injury.  There's an easy answer to that, do we just stop when faced with a set back or because someone says we can't do something???? No! I won't accept that or when they say its age, what a load of cobblers!  Train well, recover well, and look after yourself!  Believe to achieve, the biggest or greatest failure would to be to not try and that for me is just not acceptable.  Of course I don't want to be injured or take on something that is going to cause great risk or permanent damage to myself as I have a physical job that I love so why would I risk that.  Preparation and strength of character, both these things we are in control of and can change at any time.  Its an over-used saying but never a greater one used 'Positive Mental Attitude' or as I say 'BELIEVE TO ACHIEVE'!
Never give up on your dream!  I will run a hundred miles and it might not be any time soon, but if I don't try how will I know???

No comments:

Post a Comment