Wednesday 13 April 2016

Not long now and I'm starting to feel excited about this challenge, this is what its been all about, all the training all the other events and now its nearly here!  Not sure if its apprehension, fear or excitement probably all three, whatever it is I like.  I now have that sense of adventure going into the unknown, not knowing if I can do it or not.  What I do know is I will be giving it everything I have, it will take more you can count on it.  The knowledge of going into it knowing you have trained, knowing you have silly injuries and knowing you are mentally ready to take it on is a major bonus.  Providing my body allows me to push myself when I need to and doesn't pack up on me half way round all I have to do is keep making the cut-offs and I'll be there at the end.  It will be about good food, hydration and foot management to how successful I will be.  My goal is get to the end in time, after that anything is a bonus.

12063835_10209333096870312_1149760684859578750_n

I think I could have done further distances in training but I'm not worried about this as happy with the way my body is working at the moment.  I feel fit, healthy and ready to have a go.  My progression over the last few months has put me in this position.  After completing the New Years Day 30 and struggling so much I didn't foresee being in this strong position I am in now, then baling out at Northumbland 35 at 28 miles but feeling good was now the right thing to do and possibly put me where I am now.  Then completing the Hardmoors 55 in such a good positive way has enabled the mental side to this journey to stay positive and has kept the dream alive.  6 months ago I had spent months pulling out of races or events due to lack of confidence in my body and fear making current injury's worse.  I bodged my way round the York Marathon and a few other events with intention of testing my recovery and seeing where I was at.  The journey was long and looking unlikely to be completed then, now its all nearly over, this is what its all been about.  The excitement builds, the pain is coming but that wont stop me enjoying my moment.  The Hardmoors Journey will soon be over, or shall I try for the 160 ha ha!  Never say never!!!!!!

1937341_558335234327107_6868020011526147452_n

No comments:

Post a Comment