Monday 12 September 2016

Great finish to my weeks training.  I decided to go for a quick 5-6 miles carrying my hydration pack as good to keep practicing with it on.  My legs felt great, almost difficult to slow them down, its bizarre how some days you cant get them to move at any pace and feel so heavy yet other days like Sunday they almost pick themselves up and just go.  When I thought I was going to hit a tough patch I just got my head down and pushed on but to my surprise my legs just kept feeling strong.  My thoughts just kept swimming around ideas of the Sahara and how I was going to cope, this occupied plenty of my time lol!  I got back to the gym and set about my stretching routine as I was then going to play squash, this I like doing after a run as my legs are done by this time so it makes me really dig in and my competitive edge makes me keep working hard till the end.

This morning was meant to be a long run but felt tired after my crack of dawn tennis lesson.  So the gym it was, I put myself through a heavy work load of upper body weight training and a series of squats, lunges and kettlebell drills.  I followed it all up with a stint on the stairmaster pulverising my legs by doing a number of sprints hoping this will improve my cardio.

My body is holding up well but I need to be careful now not to over do it as I can feel my addictive nature kicking in and the desire to just keep training and training.  I am doing a short run before work this afternoon just to loosening my legs up.   Double sessions are good for endurance training, but not all the time as will now feel exhausted tomorrow.

Questions I put to myself, how much? how far? how strong? how specific?


No comments:

Post a Comment