Wednesday 21 September 2016

After a great weeks training last week, good gym work conditioning the body to different stresses, hill work, interval training and bags of cross training I have tired myself out and become run down and now dealing with a low immune system that has let a sore throat develop and flu symptoms arise!  I have eased off for the last two days trying to allow some rest.  Which after being told this is what I should be doing, I still find very difficult as a person who tends to fill every minute of every day with something its hard!  Resting is harder than training, fact!  I can't sit still, I spend all my time thinking I should be doing something, I feel guilty for not utilising the time better.  I cant even read because my concentration isn't good enough with feeling a little ill.  Its hard to even write this lol!



A nice diversion was a topic we came across earlier whilst I was having my massage.  'The perception of fitness levels'!  This is a great area to talk about because we all have a different perception of either our own fitness or other peoples and what we consider to be fit.  Now I run pretty much on average every other day, I have completed double marathons, triple marathons and a quadruple marathon, I play tennis 40 hours week I play squash twice a week and I do various other activites yet I have days , like others do I'm sure, when I can be out running or in the gym or playing a racquet sport when I question my fitness.  I feel like yes I am reasonably fit but I don't consider myself really fit, a trained athlete or super human, but when you compare yourself to some that is how you look or how they see you and describe yet you compare yourself to some others who seem super fit and super human and I just think I am average and need to train really hard consistently for a long time to get anywhere near where they are or even that I can not possibly ever be as fit as them.  Its an interesting psychology battle I think as we constantly raise the bar, we constantly expect more from ourselves, theres never a point that's enough!

Just todays ramblings and thoughts!

No comments:

Post a Comment