Monday 5 September 2016

With half the money paid for my adventure to the Sahara I am now even more motivated than ever.  I have notched up the training to increase the base level and to start adding more relevant training methods and exercises.  I am working towards various other events mainly to break down the size of the challenge by doing it in chunks and giving myself phases to work different aspects of the training that I want to do.  My mind set is becoming more and more focused on the job in hand and it is becoming more and more real.  My worries are simple ones at the moment but mental preparation is key, being in a position to either understand whats going to happen and how you deal with or/and knowing you have research a particular area as much as you can so theres no surprises.  I don't like not knowing whats going to happen to my body I like to prepare myself mentally and physically for the event.  My concerns are minimal at the moment but if you start checking them off your list early then there is less worrying done and more relevant training done.

I am going into Phase 2 of my training now preparing for York Marathon and then The Spine Challenger.  Strength and Conditioning work with speed work is my focus for the next six weeks continuing the work on my core.  Ideal weight for the marathon now is 14 stone 4 lbs so I need to lose approximately a kilo and a half!


No comments:

Post a Comment