Tuesday 4 October 2016

Not long now till York Marathon just over 5 days.  Training has resumed to a good level but tapering is in progress.  I feel good, legs feel strong and bursting with energy, although a slightly sore ankle but this wont bother me too much as long as squash doesn't make it worse.  I am ready I feel to push myself, to push my body beyond what I have known so far in endurance and running.  Up till now I have only ever run to finish or run in my comfort zone which I like I feel I can run all day like this and that I have proved.  Now I feel I am equipped with the tools and fitness to push beyond comfort so I will be running harder than I have before to achieve my best time yet!

As far as my training for the Marathon de Sables or The Spine goes my fitness levels are at there best but I still have plenty to do, I feel stronger and leaner and my running is quicker.  Where I feel I really want to improve more is in my VO2 max.  This I will be concentrating on in October and November, with strength training but mainly on interval training and High Intensity Training.

My learning is growing every day and my knowledge is becoming a weapon.  Next, start researching kit! and train like a beast ha ha!


No comments:

Post a Comment