Monday 5 December 2016

Boom! I am off again, gently gently though.  I feel like I have turned the corner, slow build up in the training now to get back on track but without aggrivating my ankle injury.  It has felt great to actually get in the gym and feel like I am making headway.  The swimming has been important too as has given me a mini challenge and a focus away from being injured and stressing about it.

Whats the plan now? Well I have to get my kit in order for the Spine Challenger race as there is a lot of it and it needs to be right.  I hoping my ankle will be strong enough by then to be able to get out and do it.  I am currently sifting my way through endless kit lists and training programs.  What it is doing though is reassuring me that I am on track and my theory on the training I need to do is about right.  I am now starting to feel the excitement for not only the event but the training.  This is important as it is what will get youout on the cold miserable mornings when your bed is the better place.

The bad news is though that I will miss out on the MdS kit run this saturday in Farnham as my ankle is definitely not ok for that training.  It would have been great to run alongside the others and have a bit of a chat.  I feel like I am missing out but there is no point making it worse and I can't travel down there just to say hello.  I will benefit much more from the rest and a light training session.

So whats the main thing I have learnt from this, time!  You have to give injuries time to heal and recover.  Patients, rehab methods and process!  Trust the process.


No comments:

Post a Comment