Friday 9 December 2016

Feels great to be back in the gym again.  It feels now like I haven't lost too much training time and I have a chance of getting back to where I was.  I am going to go out on a recce run this Sunday along the Pennine Way which I am excited about and anxious about at the same time.  I really don't want to make my ankle worse again and go back a step so I will be just going very steady, walking most of it with a bit of running when I'm sure of the footing.

Next week I will begin a more structured form of running, including short tempo runs where I am trying to improve my pace, then there will be a medium distance run so 7-10 miles at my average pace and trying to maintain it.  Then finally a longer run at a slower pace with a pack, this will hopefully be more like every two weeks  and on a trail somewhere.  I will also be trying to get in a hill session but this maybe also on the same day as my strength and conditioning session or short run day.  My conditioning sessions are going to continue to work on balance, stability, core and upper body strength with some focus on hamstrings and glutes.  I love getting in to this training mode as I really feel it has to planned and executed to achieve your goals.  Its great when you start seeing the benefits of the training and the end goal is getting nearer and nearer.


My kit is starting to come together now.  The main worry is for the Spine Challenger at the moment as this is nearing, and I still have some major bits of kit to get so its all very exciting but tough  trying to get the quality equipment but at the same time without spending an absolute fortune.  Next up I need to really knuckle down with the kit list, then training plan and then race schedule!

Time to get busy!

No comments:

Post a Comment