Monday 16 October 2017

Great session in the gym backing up the work I did yesterday.  That included squats, lunges and weights for upper body incorporating press-ups and sit-up twists with a 10kg bag.  I used the same bag over my shoulders whilst doing jumping lunges which was tricky for balance but felt really good.  Where as today I did steady warm up on the bike then hit the treadmill.  I wanted to do a hill workout so I did 1k steady run warm up then increased the incline by 2.5 each minute up to and including 10 before dropping it back to zero and resting for a minute before starting again.  I repeated this for 3 times then ran steady to complete 5k.   My intention is to keep repeating this exercise but increasing the incline gradually, increasing the pace gradually and shortening the recovery between hills.  This combined with actually getting out there and running some real hills will be just what I need.  Then the idea is to get quicker at 5k, 10k, half-marathon and 20 mile distance.

I know I have a long job ahead of me but that's half the battle hey, keeping focused and showing signs of progress, even if slow progress!  My next main battle that I always seem to put off or ignore is the fact I need to lose weight.  This unfortunately is my toughest battle.  I'm not interested in being thin but to drop a stone would help me enjoy what I do more and I now see that as something important to me.  So let the battle of the belly commence, hope I don't get too grumpy!!!



No comments:

Post a Comment