Saturday 14 October 2017

I am currently obsessed with watching the posts and trackers for 'The Lon Las Ultra' which is 253 miles from Holyhead to Cardiff in Wales.  This could end up on my bucket list but I have a serious amount of work to do if so.  I just get excited about the adventure and the sheer lunacy of it, its brilliant!  I have been trying to decide what are the things a like about long distance Ultra running, and apart from the things I've mentioned before like 'head clearing time', 'solitude', 'challenge', 'being outdoors' I think I also like because not many other people do it.  If you see some peoples responses when you tell them your looking at entering a hundred odd mile race they look at you like they've just been electrocuted and hen when you say its across the Sahara Desert or The Yukon they just look baffled lol!

I am now excited to get back out there and try some more long runs, I love having to consider the kit I need, organise maps and plan training runs appropriate to the challenge.  I am now in the early stages of planning the Hardmoors 160 in May.  This gives me plenty of time to prepare and to train the best I have ever done, I really want to put considerable effort in to this event and test myself as I intend to finish this race.  I get excited at the prospect of attempting something that is crazy but very doable if done right.

Where do I begin?  Well I have been doing quite a lot of gym work at the mo like I said previously trying to build base level fitness.  Next step is to get back to more specific functional training, trying to become fitter and leaner than I have ever been before.  It is time to stop saying I need to be fitter, lighter, a better run, more prepared and to actually take this a little further and put some work and effort into it.

Time to stop doubting, and start believing!

No comments:

Post a Comment