Thursday 7 January 2016

Post Hardmoors 30 run yesterday with Pistol Pete and the youngster Freddie 'Tigger' B-C.  After spending my morning working on the tennis court then racing around some chores at home I managed to get to the club for a run with these boys.  Which was great, always good to get out in a small group and mix your training up.  It was Freddies debut or should I say 'Tiggers' due to his energy levels and youthfulness bounding down the path holding up every now and again for us to catch up, or at least that's how it felt ha ha!  It was meant to be from my perspective to be a recovery run and to test the vulnerable areas that have been bothering me recently.  So short distance but keeping it comfortable so as not aggravate anything.  Apart from the continual moaning on my part and the conversation orientating around where I'm injured or struggling and how I'm trying to overcome my decrepidness it was a very enjoyable run lol!  Freddie didn't really get a word in as Pete and I had that much going on he couldn't say much.

My next bit of this weeks training moved me into the gym.  Not sure if this is now to develop new aspects of my training or rehabilitating the old areas and injuries.  We are focusing now on my weaknesses which are causing me problems before developing other areas to move on.  So alongside my training I am backing it up with better diet and as much as it pains me 'dry January'! Yes it has eventually come to this.

One of the best aspects of all this training and challenges is the kit.  Constant changes and improvements and different ideas.  Love looking for new kit, and unfortunately I have stumbled across a problem, it doesn't matter what kit I get I seem to always find something else that's better and does more for you (except run unfortunately).  Better technologies, better materials, more comfort and better aesthetics.  It doesn't change how I run or how fast I am but it does feel great getting new stuff ha ha !

What's next?

Keeping injury free and being consistent with short runs and gym work.

No comments:

Post a Comment