Friday 8 January 2016

So the various challenges I have coming up are, Northumberland 35 in Feb, Hardmoors 55 in March and the big one The Hardmoors 110 by which time I'm sure they will be sick of the sight of me.  I have decided on a few new aspects to add to my training through experience which I can now say I have, knowledge of what is needed, and necessity (either weaknesses or from injury take your pick) and future challenges.  What I want to add at the moment alongside good mileage, hill reps and trail runs is core work and Yoga (or flexibility) work.  Some of this is what is specific to my nearest challenges and some of it is looking forwards and planning for the longeavity of my enjoyment in this sport and for my work.

Key areas being:

Calves
Quads
Hamstrings
Hip Flexors
Lower Back
Core
Upper Body Strength
Flexibility
Balance
Recovery

Running on tired legs
Stamina
Running with a pack
Night running
Power walking uphill
Long days (endurance)
Lung capacity


So next job is to find a way to link or tie some of these things together and incorporate them into the skeleton plan I have made.

Books, I love books! What running books have you read, I will list mine next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment