Thursday 14 January 2016

Really pleased with my current decision to improve my base fitness, basically get out for a short run so 5k ish ( but regularly so 4 - 5 times a week.  I have also as before included a PT session focusing on my weak areas which are currently my left ankle and calf and my glutes which haven't been firing probably and recently been causing me some discomfort.  I have also managed my body balance class this last two weeks which is now brilliant as it is a new routine which is focusing on lower back and hips which for me is perfect.  Combined with a massage on Tuesday I am feeling really good, the shorter distance and overall care for me body is paying off as feeling good.  There is a renewed confidence in my body, in the way of feeling that I can manage completing a run and not feeling injured or sore to the point that puts me off another run in the near future.

I am incorporating a regular stretch, which is a short 20 min routine but as often as possible.  This usually occurs during my daughters tennis lessons, so whilst she trains I stretch which is a great way of doing it because I can still watch her and I can make myself do a good hour of stretching.  I then make sure that some of my groups do a thorough warm up session including stretches therefore I can do them also.


Mega enthused at the moment as watching the reports constantly for The Spine race which covers the entire Pennine Way (268 miles).  Such inspiration watching these guys battle the elements and conquer this incredible route.  Yes you guessed it, this is now on my list for future races.  Already excited by the challenge ha ha!


Back to my current training though, next week I will increase the distance slightly and start using the stepper in the gym with a structured method to increase the resistance.  I may also try a spin class just up my cardio.  My main concern at the moment though is my problematic feet, not blisters or toe nails as normal but the overall flexibility within the foot.  Since my heel problem my left foot seems to feel very tight around the sides and moving up into the ankle and then calf. Massage is the only thing I can think of at the moment alongside stretching.


So where to from here?  mmmm steady increase in training load, continued weight loss which I haven't mentioned yet I am down to 95.4kg from 98.6kg the going is good.  Start adding a little variety to the training i.e. spin and swimming!

No comments:

Post a Comment