Sunday 17 January 2016

So after a killer day on the tennis courts yesterday I opted for rest afterwards with the promise of some good training on the Sunday.  I made plans to get up early before work and get a good run in then do a stretching session after.  The alarm sounded and I promptly executed the snooze routine, which lasted about 2 hours ha ha!  So with a court booked for an hour pre-work I decided I could use this to my advantage and make up for my recuperation (laziness) from earlier.  What I decided to do was first of all get 5k done on a bike as a good warm up with 10 mins stretching before assembling the circuit training kit out on the court.  This involved ladder routines, various sized hurdles and different exercises, a step board, a skipping rope and a weighted sand bag.  After a few laps of the court and some dynamic stretches I proceeded to carry out a number of routines for a good 40 minutes.  I worked mainly on legs, balance and core with minimal cardio.  I was saving that pleasure for after work.

Once I'd completed a few hours of work I got my winter running kit on and did a little stretching before heading out on a 4 mile run in the chilly afternoon air.  It was great I do enjoy running when its a fresh cool air, which isn't ideal since I have just signed up for the Sahara Desert aarrgghhh! So back to my training thoughts, I could have done a much further run but I am sticking to plan of consistency.  I will be looking at improving the distance next week and building my base level around the occasional long run.  Back to Body Balance tomorrow which will assist me with a good stretching session.

My entry went in last night for the Endurance Life Northumberland 35 miler at the end of Feb which I am really looking forward to as its across beaches and sand dunes.  Great training for MdS 2017, so I can test it out ready for next year if I feel I benefit from it.


So the Spine Race has finished, I finished my book on the Yukon Artic Adventure Race so need to find something else to follow or read now!  Inspiration from others helps motivate your own ventures.  Who motivates or inspires you?

No comments:

Post a Comment