Saturday 19 November 2016

This has been a very tough week.  Never thought I'd admit to missing going for a run as much as this.  I am busting to get out there, but I just don't want to go back a step or two in my recovery.  My ankle and foot is much for the rest and it has definitely done it some good, its not like I havent done any training either.  I have made sure I have worked hard in the gym with strength and conditioning and done my cardio on the bike and stairmaster.  I think also its important to have a little rest from running too so the timing was pretty good all in all.





So where does this leave me now?  With 6 weeks to go till the Spine Challenger I feel my fitness is good but I need to build up some mileage and get out and recce the route a little as panick is setting in regarding the navigation side to the challenge.  The kit I need is also important, deciding on sleeping bags, rucksacks, boots, baselayers, mid layers, jackets, stove's, food, water, checkpoints, crew positions and timings!!1 Its a minefield!

What am I learning about myself?  I think I am starting to understand that I like the fear of the unknown, I love the risk and the challenge of something so rediculous to others.  I love putting myself out there knowing full well the high percentage of failure due to the extreme nature of the challenge.  I am not trying to win, I am not looking for attention, I am not looking for a pat on the back, I am merely doing it because it makes me feel alive.  I love the challenge and the fact that I am taking on challenges and experiences that most people don't even know exist and didn't think people did, as I did, I was one of those people! I love proving you don't have to be in the elite category or superhuman group to achieve great things or complete such extreme challenges.  I love showing my daughter that the only limits or barriers in life are the ones we put up around ourselves and others.  Its almost a protective ring, a comfort blanket to some.

I do question my sanity sometimes, but then I keep seeing the amazing things other people do so I think why not, why not me!







No comments:

Post a Comment