Monday 7 November 2016

Yesterday was a bad day for my training, I had a tennis tournament semi final match where after the first set, which I dropped, I managed to get ahead but in the second game my ankle went.  I heard and felt what I can only describe as a popping noise or sensation.  It isn't really really bad, to the point I couldn't walk or stand on it, but I withdrew and knew it was over.  I wouldn't be able to run for anything or twist and turn, so the sensible decision was to pull out as much as it pained me but I had to.  So straight to the bench with ice pack and elevation, and a quick pint lol! Medicinal purposes only of course!!!

Until yesterday I have been really pleased with my progress, training has gone well and I have noticed the difference.  I went out to Millington last week and did 10 miles on hilly, muddy trails with a minimal pack prob 2.5 to 3kg in weight which was comfortable.  I managed the run in a reasonable time and felt good, no after effects either, no soreness and aching which suggested to myself that I might be getting fitter and more equipped for this event.

I like this because, I have goal that I am trying to achieve and its not a quick process its been long and with still 5 months to go my journey has been a long one.  In that journey I have changed, not only my body, physical capabilities but my attitude and mental strength.  Once I finish the MdS will that be it, goal achieved? Probably not because I am now a different person to the one who started this journey, I have evolved and become a better me.  This journey may never end, but each individual challenge and accomplishment will help me get closer!

No comments:

Post a Comment