Thursday 5 March 2015

After my pulse raising sprint on Tuesday with 'The Princess' who incidentally has requested a more hardcore running nickname which I obviously said yeah sure but 'you have to earn it!' I have had a PT session with Chris at EPOC Coaching.   The session was a tough one, he put me through a series of leg strengthening exercises that are conditioning me for the upcoming endurance runs I have.  We also went through some core work strengthening my lower back which is always a weak area. Then we progressed on to the upper body and arms, an inventive press-up method involving a stepper and a 'spiderman' kind of movement.  I was then told to grab onto the upright frame and climb up with my feet so hanging like a rockclimber on the underside of a rock face.  This was to allow me to do a form of pull up, which I have to say I am normally thoroughly useless at but this method was about incorporating a core workout as well, having to keep my hips raised throughout.  Off I went at the end feeling stretched and broken beyond anything like comfortable, ooooing and owwing whilst clambering into the safety of my car! Phew, another week complete......

Early start on the tennis court this morning for a couple hours teaching but at the same time stretching out and warming up, getting ready for 'Hill Rep Thursday!'  A quick change and off was the plan, but oh no not so quick.  Now, due to the recent cold mornings I have adopted the idea of 'running leggings' so as to help protect the muscles more by keeping the temperature up and therefor less susceptible to injury.  That was the plan anyway but if you have attempted to put these extra layer skins on it is most definitely not a quick process.  I am in the changing room fighting with myself trying to get this dam leggings on and all ravelled up  looking like I am practicing some of my 'Body Balance' moves ha ha! Leggings on, oh no now my top to do aaarrrggghhhh!!!

Once out and heading up the hill I was feeling great, legs feeling strong and fresh.  I decided to develop my normal hill run and follow a muddy trail off to the side and get some similar terrain to what I will be experiencing on the Hardmoors.  This was great I loved it, managed to get a good speed on heading down the hill then repeated the upwards slog pushing myself each time to get the maximum from this outing.  I was only going to have enough time for 7 reps but was happy as this amounted to 6 miles and I had a trail run with hills, perfect!  I ran back to the club finding more additions to the trail and managed to get it to lead all the way back.  This had me buzzing I couldn't believe, I know I know just simple things hey, but it was great to find this kind of run so close to where I am.
My legs still felt great and this runners high was still flowing through my vains, what a drug this is!  If only it felt like this every time, I won't lie to any one, it doesn't, but when it does wow it feels like you can run for ever.  So this took me back to my challenge, my goal, 100 miles.  If I can feel like this then I can do it, I can run forever ha ha!  Seriously though, that is how it makes you feel, I can achieve this, I will achieve this!!!!










No comments:

Post a Comment