Tuesday 24 May 2016

The thought of putting on my running shoes and heading out the door has not been top of my list I have to say.  The idea was there but the excuse of letting the body rest etc was also there.  To be fair once I had initially recovered there was a few niggles that I did just want to let rest with the fear of over doing it.  Its not like I don't do anything when I rest as I will still 40 hours of tennis in the week with some session demanding more of me physically.  This I think helps my recovery as difficult as it is for the first few days it does make you get up and move about therefore stretching the muscles out.

Whats next, well I haven't booked anything in for the next few months as wasn't sure how I would be after the Hardmoors 110.  Since I feel ok and had a good recovery period I am now getting itchy feet and looking at another run in the next month.  My main plan over the next 6 weeks is get my weight down and to get in the gym doing some strength and conditioning so I can improve on areas I feel are weakness's.  The weight is my biggest concern after dropping over a stone before HM110 I realised the benefits and want to improve on this area again.  I will keep up my running schedule over the same period but will use it to help with the weight loss but it will be mainly to increase the base fitness and speed.

Marathon de Sables is becoming more of a reality so more research is on going and thoughts of my training plan are in the back of my mind with little ideas of what I'm going to do.  I am slowly becoming excited at the prospect of the adventure, before the Sahara though I have the Spine Challenger with Rob in January which I can't afford to over look so need to plan in some training for that alongside the MdS stuff.

So diet, gym and running! That is the plan, lets do this.

No comments:

Post a Comment