Tuesday 14 February 2017

All sorts of things happening at the moment.  Currently trying to get booked in for my medical and ECG, it seems quite difficult to even get booked in as there not sure what it is I'm doing so don't really have a clue what to book me in for.  I haven't yet sorted jabs out and I think I will need to get some so that's also on my list of things to organise pretty quickly.  I have ordered and had delivered my food for the week, which doesn't look much so might add a little to it but not too much as trying to keep the weight down.  I used a company that sorted the food into race stages for you putting the right amount of calories in each pack.  This is great for me not being the most organised of people!  It weighs some, but on the bright side its going to reduce daily thank goodness.


You even get a spork and some napkins ha ha!

What else have been sorting, trainers! Since getting my Scott Road running shoes which I have just not been convinced about for doing the MdS in.  There are great for normal running and training so they haven't been a waste of money, I could have just done with not buying them yet lol!  So, the new ones that I picked up Sunday at the Hardmoors Saltburn race are just awesome.  Super comfy, fit brilliantly and now have complete faith that I have the right shoes for the job.

Now all I have to do is get them sent off to get the stitching done for the gaiters Velcro.  There are still a few bits to buy and organise, I have just ordered the fuel blocks for the stove which you cant take on the plane so have to have delivered to the WAA tent at the start in Morocco and take the proof of purchase with you.  I need to buy the stove yet!  I also have to get an anti-venom pump, but other than that I think I am about there give or take a couple of small items.  Next job is to go through the mandatory kit list and start ticking things of to make sure no last minute surprises.  Next important purchase will be getting the train ticket for the out going to flight to my sister on the Thursday.  Argh! The training is the easy fun bit, organising all this stuff is what stresses me out lol!


No comments:

Post a Comment