Monday 27 February 2017

So I am still in panic mode but can see the light, distant, dim, murky but there is a little bit of hope. My training consists of everything and anything I can do that doesn't make my foot hurt.  My decision is that I have to concentrate on what I can do, not what I can't, if my focus stays on what I can't then the negative mind set monster will take over and I won't allow that to happen.  I still have six weeks which is ample time for recovery so my training and preparation has to focus on what I can do and what I can control.  Strength training, core, swimming, walking with pack once at that point (not yet), kit, organise all the things that need booking in, testing things that are unused, acquiring last minute essentials.  Keep focused on the things you can control!  Todays lesson ha ha!

My training today consisted of 1000m of swimming, just breast stroke as my swimming needs some work but that's not for now.  Up and down, so boring but my motivation was clear, this is it I can't actually do anything else so just get on with it.  Once I had got some lengths behind me it got easier so it was just a matter of cracking on.  I then put my pool slippers on, yes I have pool slippers ha ha!  I proceeded to smash out another 1000m running or power walking I guess in relatively quite a quick time so was very happy with that.  Later on today I will do some strength and conditioning in the gym to keeping the mind set focused on positives!


No comments:

Post a Comment