Tuesday 2 February 2016

AWESOME!!!!!

That's how I'd describe it!  The feeling of finally being pain free from something that's hung around for nearly 10 months.  Its the first day I have managed to get out of bed and not had the instant pain and distress emanating from my foot through my ankle, ahhh bliss.  I actually didn't think this day would ever come, it has been that long it almost becomes normal.  It becomes a daily ritual to be hesitant when placing your foot on the ground, it becomes ritual to constantly be thinking of stretching and it becomes a ritual to be constantly adapting your walk and weight transfer accordingly to minimise the discomfort.  It is one of those great moments in life when you realise how great things are, yes I know its only a little injury in the grand scheme of things and there's plenty of people who live daily with no hope of recovery with much worse but for me this is a release and for that I am hugely grateful.


Its not completely over yet, as there is a recovery phase that will include more stretching, mobilization and strength work, yes more new rituals ha ha!   This time though it is the knowledge of the sight of the end of the tunnel.  It means I can gradually increase some distance in my running and hopefully get myself prepared for the tasks that lay ahead.  What's important now is to not go crazy and do too much.  It has to be progressive and built up with constant attention.  Is it in the head, maybe, but too regain confidence there has to be no weak links.  Whilst this has been a weak link there's been an excuse, a way out, something to blame and that is the weakness not the injury.

Now I have to just pray I can get through a long day on the tennis court and not over stress it.  I will definitely be icing tonight as now I know I am close to being back in the game!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment