Friday 5 February 2016

Well after my revelations at the start of the week with the greatest day ever, maybe not quite that great but up there after this amount of time I have continued to have a great week.  I have limited the amount of running I have done but increased the amount I am doing in the gym.  I now have employed the services of yet another Chris to help my training along.  I met him on tuesday and went through all my ailments, weakness's and decrepidness ha ha! Then I said 'so do with me what you can!', he put me through my paces and we went through a few areas that I want to improve on which was perfect.  The only trouble was I was booked in to see Chris at Epoc the day after ooops!!!

This is perfect now especially for the time being whilst my level of running is reduced.  I have put a little more focus on gym, swim and diet.   My weight has come down again and I am as of today 14st 8lbs which is approximately a stone now since the start of January.  No big secrets or magic ways, just basics!  I stopped drinking alcohol, I am eating slightly less and not as late on with a little more thought into what I am eating and I am keeping up the regular exercise.  What is a little odd is that I seemed to have acquired a taste for Becks Blue non-alcoholic larger and tinned fruit,  not sure if this is me craving the sugars from them but I seemed not be able to get enough of them lol!

My ankle maybe considerably better but it is definitely not perfect yet and I think there is a way to go until it is.  What is great is the pain under the foot has gone unless put under considerable stress like a full day on the court or excessive training days.  This is now just about management, I have to prepare before I train and I need to do the after care.  It sounds excessive and in reality it probably is but like I have said in the past this is now about confidence and the mental game.  I have to know I can rely on it and trust it to not be the weak link so its about getting it back to the level I expect from it.

Not much going on this weekend training wise, maybe Sunday at some point but the rest will be good ready for a good week next week.  Great news last night though, as planning a little trip in the summer to the Alps and climbing a little rock called Gran Paradiso which is approximately 4000m so will be the highest I have ever been up.  Can't wait its exciting stuff!

No comments:

Post a Comment