Friday 26 February 2016

So the countdown has begun, the preparations are in hand and the believing is being dreamt!  Its nearly time for the doing!!!
After dropping Olivia at school I had my kit ready so a mini run was due.  I didn't want to go far as I am running tomorrow and really just wanted to give my legs a little run out and get the blood pumping, probably more psychological than physical but I always feel slightly under prepared if I haven't.  My foot and ankle have been brilliant the last few days, even whilst out running today I could feel the difference not having that niggling injury hampering you and dominating your every thought.  It is unbelievable the difference your legs seem unchained and there is a sense of freedom in your movement and stride.  I really hope I don't mess up my recovery tomorrow by running, my preparation will involve making sure I have done everything I can beforehand to make it the best it can be then I will be taking my time and using every strategy I can think of to preserve it throughout the day.  If I can get through this event unscathed I can go on and get some good training in for the Hardmoors runs.  The plan is to just get through the day, I'm not expecting it to be pain free that would be unrealistic but I can limit the damage and then recover quickly before pushing on to the next challenge.
                                                 12311227_1119223971439394_547777659705734565_n
Its a weird feeling today as excited to be off doing another challenging event but apprehensive as I know how long its taken to get to this point in my recovery.  Fingers crossed and keep the faith!

No comments:

Post a Comment