Thursday 9 March 2017

March the 8th and now in full on panic mode!  Not through fear of my challenge ahead as this still lies in the unknown, you know it will be hard, you know it will hurt, you know you will face many challenges along the way that are going to test to your ultimate.  No, I now have my greatest fear slowly creeping up on me, being injured on the start line!  This is my worst fear!  I have spent just over two years really gearing up for this building my running ability, building my distances, learning the lessons along the way and training and training and training.  My foot is mending but it is such a slow process and with my job it doesn't help.  It will be ok for the start but I won't have much time to make it stronger so inevitably it is likely to strain again on the first day.  So my tactical planning and strategy will now be very important.  I still don't intend to walk the whole thing, this has been my goal from the start so I will be running as much as I can.. It might be though that I am very steady on the first couple of days so as not to aggrevate it too much before the long day which is more than likely going to wreck it completey.  If I can get through that long day and still hobble a reasonable walk I will be able to complete it.  Its a mind game from now, training is as good as finished its just a matter of keeping fit, eating well and being prepared!

Last boy scout!




No comments:

Post a Comment