Thursday 30 March 2017

Hells kitchen!

The burners were on, it was an oven for people I kid you not!  After arriving at Leeds Beckett Uni and having my first mini adventure of parking then finding the Worseley Building, I met Matt who I'd been talking previously with on the facebook group and went over to the lab where then met Mark who was to lead the session.  I got kitted up, drink and towel at the ready, then Mark need to make a few notes on weight, height and fitness level.  I just said extreme lol!  I made way to this cupboard sized room, that had a little window for onlookers to obvious the current victims, like a port hole on a boat.  The door by which we entered was like an industrial sized freezer door, my initial reaction was that I wasn't getting out of there in a hurry so its game face time.  There it was my home for the next 90 minuets, the bike, the machine that would prove to be a greater hinderance than my damn foot.  So to describe the room, just big enough for two treadmills side to side (and bike inbetween fitted in just for me) then two of the biggest fans blasting out hot air about a meter in front of you.  These just made me think of the jets from a 747 blasting you to bits.   Then we had a few cables dangling from the ceiling, one was plugged into my ear to monitor my core temperature and the other was attached to my other ear to monitor my heart rate.  I was given a very fetching grey head band to put on to hold the ear pieces in place, it was ok to start with but became a little annoying after a while.  On the bike I sat, ear plugs and my yellow MdS cap on ready for off.  There were a couple of monitors in front of us on a chair, core temperature and a stopwatch both became a torturous visual hinderance  but interesting watching.


No comments:

Post a Comment