Thursday 16 March 2017

Yes its a been a while sorry just didn't want to bore anyone with repeating myself.  The good news is my foot seems to be healing, its a slow process but it is definitely getting better.  On Tuesday I had what I am calling my major panic day, my melt down, my moment of self doubt, my almost breaking point.  This is when everything has become too much and you think your at the end of the road, run out of time, its not achievable.  Well since I run endurance Ultra marathons I have certain qualities that mean when this point arrives I deal with it, find a solution and move on.  It is not in my nature to quit, to believe that I can't do something till I can't actually do it.  My strength of mind and character is what will get me to that start line and then consequently will get me to the finish line.  It may not be pretty but I will be there.  As per normal I have reasoned it in my head the purpose of the exercise now is to learn.  'Learn, learn what and for what?' I hear you say.  Well I can't leave it here can I, you can't have this great experience all these new things and then not do anything with it can you lol!

My biggest issue with the way my training has petered out due to injury, is that I have been unable to complete my training the way I had planned it in my head.  There was certain things I really wanted to do and have a go at that now it would be silly to attempt as would probably just cause a reaction and re-injure myself before the big start.  I want to be on that start line all excited and giddy like everyone else will be before the reality kicks in and the pain.  What I don't want is to begin feeling pain, nervous to step on my foot, fear of major injury and eventually being pulled from the race.  I want to be there at the end!

So, what I am going to do between now an the off day.  After conversations with Steve Dietrich and Rory Coleman I have belief that I will make the start, I also know not to run or cause further damage to my foot, and now I also need to buy another pair of blinking trainers! Aaarrrggghhhh!  I am ditching the Scotts for the race not forever as loved them but taking Rory's advice and going for the Brooks Ghost's or Adrenalines as they have a wide 4E option that will help me.  I am also considering at this late stage to acquire some running poles this is last as I have run out of money now!

Keep positive......find positives............never give up!


No comments:

Post a Comment