Monday 20 March 2017

Its a frustrating time at the moment.  I am recovering and confident I will be ok for the Marathon de Sables but I am desperate to get training.  Its only in times like these that I realise how much I depend on my training and that physical side to my life.  I may not be an elite athlete, lean and super fast but I am definitely addicted to my training and running.  No doubt about it, I just want to get out there and enjoy some runs whether trails, hills or just some basic road running at the moment.  Its this frustration that breaking me more than the knowledge that after 4 days in the desert I am going to be a broken man with a good 40 miles still to go.  My mental training is kicking in now, 'what do you do for this' I hear you say.  Well for me its about visualising each sections success, breaking it down into small bite size chunks, managing my fears but focusing on my strengths and dreams and why I am there.  I will also be drawing on all my experiences from the past few years, building up to this event, thinking of all the tough endurance races I have done and endured and learnt from.  I am not there on a whim I am there because I have earned the right, I have followed the path that I set out 2 years ago to get here I am not concerned about the last months lack of training.  I have this in my legs, I can do this mentally in my head, and I can do this with heart!!

Belief is one of our strongest attributes do not underestimate someone who believes they can do something.  Don't forget, anything is possible!


No comments:

Post a Comment