Thursday 23 March 2017

Really managed to get some good training in the last few days so this renewed confidence is lasting which is great.  Everyone keeps asking me if I'm nervous, and slightly worryingly I'm actually not.  Excited yes, keen to start and get on with it yes, hoping I haven't forgotten anything or overlooked anything definitely!

This morning I took my training to a whole new level.  I first went in the pool swam approximately 10 lengths then did 10 power walking which was great, I just tried to protect my foot which is all I do at the moment but it was starting to cause a slight ache from the ankle up the shin, not good!  So I progressed to the sauna where I am trying to increase the amount of time I am spending in there each visit and more often.  This time though I had a new trick up my sleeve, so armed with my water bottle off I marched, to the OVEN!!!  So after reading about one of the other competitors on the facebook MdS forum page doing step ups in the sauna I thought I could have a go it seemed like a reasonable way to introduce heat acclimatisation whilst exercising.  Apart from the odd interruption from the odd inconsiderate sole wanting to just sit in the sauna I managed three bursts of effort involving 20 step ups alternating my leading foot and yes protecting my toes on my left foot.  It went well, and I was dead pleased I was still doing something worthwhile and contributing to my task.  Up and down the bottom step, easy, until I realised my head was burning as was so close to the ceiling therefore the hottest part.  Each time I sat back down to rest someone came in which was unbelievable timing but must have seemed weird as my heart rate was high and I was probably looking slightly out of breath h ha!

Round two tomorrow!



Only 'I can, I will!'

No comments:

Post a Comment